Removal Defense Lawyers Representing and Advocating Immigrants Facing Deportation From The US
Deportation and removal are terms used by immigration authorities to describe the process of ordering a non-citizen to leave a country. The reasons for deportation or removal can vary, but involve violating immigration laws such as being present without admission or having committed certain crimes. The stakes are incredibly high in removal proceedings, and the outcome can have life-altering consequences. That is why it is so important to have the best legal representation possible.
This is why people work with a skilled, knowledgeable, and trusted removal and deportation defense lawyer to ensure that their rights are protected and that they are given the best chance of success in their case.
An experienced removal defense lawyer in Los Angeles can provide invaluable guidance and support throughout the process and can help to ensure that the proceedings are conducted fairly and justly.
How to Fight Deportation or Removal in the United States?
It is possible to fight deportation or removal to remain in the United States..
Application for relief that can potentially be filed to protect yourself from removal include the following
- Adjustment of Status: This process allows the foreign person who is in the United States to apply for permanent residence and obtain a green card.
- Cancellation of Removal: Cancellation of removal is available to permanent residents and non-permanent residents who meet certain criteria.
- Asylum: This type of protection is provided to a foreign national who fears returning to his or her country of origin because of the persecution that they will face on account of a protected ground. There are several factors that must be met to qualify for asylum, and the claim itself must be genuine, not frivolous.
- Waivers of Deportability and Inadmissibility: A waiver is an official forgiveness of a particular ground of inadmissibility or deportability that is given to individuals who could prove that their removal could cause serious hardships to them or the family members depending on them if they qualify.
- Withholding of Removal: This form of protection is similar to asylum given that applicants must show a fear of returning to their country based on a protected ground, but it has a higher burden of proof and unlike asylum a person granted withholding of removal is not able to apply for lawful permanent residence based on its grant.
- Voluntary Departure: This form of relief allows individuals to voluntarily leave the country within a specified period of time rather than being given a deportion or removal order to do so if the non-citizen departs the country within the specified timeframe and does not violate any other immigration laws.
While these are some possibilities, immigration law is extremely complex, which is why iIt is extremely important to have an experienced immigration attorney evaluate your situation and determine the applications for which you qualify and come up with a strategy that will give you the best chance of achieving your desired outcome.
Affordable Deportation Defense Lawyers Expertly Defending Immigrants in Removal Proceedings
If you are facing deportation or removal from the United States, it is important to consider obtaining help from the best deportation defense lawyer in Los Angeles. A qualified lawyer can provide you with legal advice and representation to help you stay in the country. Getting legal help from a deportation defense attorney can increase your chances of success in your case and help you navigate the complex immigration system.
Edith Nazarian is an expert removal and deportation defense attorney in Los Angeles who works with individuals facing deportation and removal. Book your consultation at (818) 748-8808 by calling now or schedule a visit to our office to discuss how to best proceed with your case depending on your specific circumstances.