O-1 Visa Lawyer In Los Angeles
If you believe you possess extraordinary skills, achievements, or talents, it is crucial to consult with a skilled O-1 visa attorney to explore your eligibility and unlock the possibilities that lie ahead.
What Is An O-1 Visa?
The O-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa category that allows individuals with extraordinary abilities to work in their respective fields in the United States. It is divided into two subcategories:
- O-1A Visa: Reserved for individuals with extraordinary abilities in the fields of science, education, business, or athletics.
- O-1B Visa: Intended for individuals with extraordinary abilities in the arts, including performing arts, visual arts, motion pictures, television, or other related creative fields.
What Is the Eligibility Criteria for an O-1 Visa?
To qualify for an O-1 visa, you must meet certain eligibility criteria, which include demonstrating extraordinary ability in your field. The specific requirements differ slightly between the O-1A and O-1B visas. Our O-1 visa lawyer in Los Angeles can help determine if you satisfy the eligibility requirements.
O-1A Visa Requirements
To be eligible for an O-1A visa, you must provide evidence of extraordinary ability in your field, which may include:
- Internationally recognized awards or prizes.
- Membership in associations or organizations in your field that require outstanding achievements of their members.
- Published material about you and relating to your work in the field in major publications or major media.
- Participation as a judge of others’ work in your field.
- Evidence of your authorship of scholarly articles in the field in professional journals or other major media.
- High salary or remuneration for your expertise.
- Evidence of significant contributions to your field.
- Evidence that you have been employed in a critical or essential capacity in organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation.
O-1B Visa Requirements
For the O-1B visa, you must demonstrate extraordinary ability in the arts, which may include:
- Evidence that you have been nominated for or have received a significant national or international award in your field.
- Evidence that you have and will perform services as a lead or starring participant in productions or events that have a distinguished reputation.
- Evidence that you have achieved national or international acclaim and recognition for your achievements by critical reviews or other published material by or about you in major newspapers, trade journals, magazines, or other publications..
- Evidence that you have and will perform in a lead, starring, or critical role for organizations and establishments that have a distinguished reputation.
- Evidence that you have a record of major commercial or critically acclaimed successes.
- Evidence that you have received significant recognition for achievements from organizations, critics, government agencies, or other recognized experts in your field.
- High salary or substantial remuneration for your services in relation to others in your field.
The Application Process For An O-1 Visa In Los Angeles
Obtaining an O-1 visa involves a meticulous application process. Here are the key steps:
- Consultation: Seek advice from a qualified Los Angeles O-1 visa attorney with experience in O-1 visas. They will assess your eligibility and guide you through the process.
- Petitioner: Identify the appropriate U.S.-based employer or agent, who will file on behalf of multiple employers or a foreign employer, and act as your petitioner to file the visa petition on your behalf.
- Documentation: Compile a comprehensive portfolio of evidence showcasing your extraordinary abilities, including awards, publications, media coverage, and recommendation letters. You will also need an itinerary for the events that you plan on engaging in as well as obtain advisory opinion(s) from the appropriate consultation entity or entities.
- Form I-129: Your petitioner will file Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), along with the supporting documentation and filing fee.
- Optional Premium Processing: Consider opting for premium processing to expedite the review of your visa application.
- Interview: After the petition is approved, submit Form DS-160 and attend an interview at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your home country (if applicable) to present your case and answer any questions.
- Visa Approval: If your application is approved, you will receive an O-1 visa stamp in your passport, allowing you to travel to the United States and work in your field of expertise.
Key Considerations For An O-1 Visa
While the O-1 visa offers tremendous opportunities, there are important considerations to keep in mind:
Duration and Extensions
The initial O-1 visa is typically granted for up to three years, with the possibility of extensions in one-year increments. Continuous employment in your field is necessary to maintain valid O-1 status.
Essential personnel for an artist or athlete may be able to obtain an O-2 visa to enter the United States temporarily to perform with the principal O-1 visa recipient. To obtain this type of visa, the O-2 personnel must be an integral part of the actual performance, and have critical skills and experience with the O-1 alien that are not of a general nature and are not possessed by a U.S. worker. Additional requirements exist for an O-2 personnel in the motion picture and television.
Your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 may accompany you to the United States under the O-3 visa category. While they cannot work, they can attend school or college during their stay.
The O-1 visa is considered a non-immigrant visa, meaning it does not directly lead to permanent residency. However, it is possible to pursue a green card (permanent residency) while on an O-1 visa, as the O-1 category allows for dual intent.
Why Choose Our O-1 Visa Lawyer?
Given the complexity of the O-1 visa process and the high standards of evidence required, consulting the best immigration lawyers for O-1 visas in Los Angeles is strongly recommended. They can provide personalized guidance, help you gather the necessary documentation, and increase your chances of a successful application.
Why choose our firm? We pride ourselves on providing exceptional legal guidance tailored to your unique circumstances. Our team will work closely with you to evaluate your achievements, gather the necessary evidence, and present your extraordinary abilities in the most persuasive manner. We understand the importance of a streamlined and efficient process, and we are committed to delivering personalized attention and support every step of the way. With our firm by your side, you can have confidence in knowing that your case is in capable hands. We stay up-to-date with the latest changes in immigration laws and regulations, ensuring that we provide accurate and reliable advice. Don’t let administrative hurdles hold you back from pursuing your dreams. Contact the Law Offices of Edith Nazarian, APC, today to determine your eligibility of embarking on a journey in the United States to realize your extraordinary potential. .
Work With Our Los Angeles O-1 Visa Lawyer Today!
The O-1 visa presents an excellent opportunity for individuals with extraordinary abilities in various fields to work in the United States. By understanding the eligibility criteria, carefully preparing your application, and seeking professional legal guidance, you can navigate the O-1 visa process with confidence. Remember, each case is unique, and it is crucial to consult an immigration attorney for an O-1 visa in Los Angeles to ensure the best possible outcome in your pursuit of the O-1 visa. Book your consultation at (818) 748-8808 by calling now or schedule a visit to our office to discuss how to best proceed with your case depending on your specific circumstances.